Sunday 20 January 2013

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.


SPD.
Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.

1. Birthday Bunting - Card
 
A couple of weeks ago, I was browsing through birthday card ideas.
My Mum's birthday was coming up, and I wanted to give her a hand-made card
because I think they mean more when you can see someone put the effort into making it. I came across this, and loved it immediately. I love the bunting as you open it, so decided to make my own. 


 I didnt have any craft card so stuck two pieces of printing paper together, and stuck the ends of the cotton (bunting) between the two sheets before gluing. 
Ingenious, I know ;P


2. Birthday Bunting - Doorway

It was my man's birthday a few months ago, and after seeing this cute idea on Pinterest, I decided to get up early on his birthday and do the same.


I had to make do with the materials I already had, so instead of crape paper,
I cut up and stapled together strips of coloured origami paper,
and then stapled them to the knot of each balloon (be careful, a popping balloon
will wake them up!)



I left the Happy Birthday banner for the front room instead of above the balloons, and once again used origami paper and blue tac. 


There are so many other things I want to try...
although I'm worried a lot of them will end in disaster!
Pinterest Fail makes me laugh so much, it's so funny to see
people finally try some of the far fetched ideas being pinned. 





No comments:

Post a Comment