Saturday 28 September 2013

Sunday Social 29/09: Jobs

Sunday Social
 
 
Happy Sunday everyone :) Can you believe it's September 29th already?!
That means it's almost October...and we all know what that means - 
Autumn is finally here!  

Anywhoooo. This weeks Sunday Social is all about jobs! I can't wait to read about what you have get up to, and what you've done in the past.


 
1. What is your dream job?

I want to be a Clinical Psychologist. I want to help people, through counselling, psychotherapy, etc. That's the goal, and I'm well on my way there. :) It really will be a dream come true when I finally get that 'Doctor' prefix!
 
2. If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time?

Blog. A lot. Haha! I think me and hubs would probably buy a few houses and do them up to sell. We like that sort of thing and it would be nice knowing you're getting something out of it at the end, too. Oh, and I'd pop out a few kids ;) 
 
3. What piece of career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?

Psychology is a vast area, and to get a good job in the field you need to spend a good 6 years in education (3 years undergrad, 3 years postgrad). So don't study Psychology on a whim. It takes a lot of hard work and effort. I won't have my Doctorate until I'm almost 30. Think about that!
 
4. What would be your ideal "just for fun" job?

I have it! I work part-time at the ice rink here, and I love it. I started when I was 18 (now I feel old...!), and on and off for 7 years I've been so lucky to call ice skating my job. I love it, and as much as I want my career to take off in Psych, I would miss the rink so much. It's been an awesome experience. 

2007
Me and my friend  Hannah, 2011

2013

I'd also quite like to be a stunt woman. How cool would that be?!
 
5. What was your first "real" job?

My first job was at 18 in the ice rink. I then worked in the Theatre Royal. Both of those jobs were great fun and I learnt so much. But for me, they were more for money and less for a career. I love the rink but it wouldn't pay the mortgage, and I loved the Theatre but it was something hubs and I both grew out of (although I do miss meeting some of the more well known celebs!).
I guess my first career-related job then was working in community care, but that's a memory I'm trying desperately to repress. 

 

I can't wait to read all your answers!
See you next week, and don't forget to head over to Ashley and Neeleys
blogs and link up! ;)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment