Sunday 8 September 2013

Sunday Social 08/09

Sunday Social


Straight from summer questions straight into fall questions!
The weather has changed dramatically here from gorgeous sun to rain,
and the temp has dropped considerably, too.

But fall is a great season, fashion-wise! I get to weat my favourite outfits - layers! 
Last fall I invested in a lot of longer tee's, to team with my 5 year-old (and still going strong!) La Redoute boots, and black leggins. I can't wait to get back into them, although I'll miss flip-flop weather! 

Oh, and of course, it means that Starbucks pumpkin spice latte is back! 
What do you love about Fall?

Anyway...let's crack on!

1. What is your favorite fall activity?

I love taking the dog for a walk in Autumn. It's not so hot that you get sweaty quickly, and the leaves are just starting to fall from the trees which makes the park look beautiful.
I have to say, though, it's got to be carving the Halloween pumpkin! 
I missed out last year, as I was working and didn't have the time to get a pumpkin.
We're going to plant our own next Spring in our vegetable patch!


Last year I made a pumpkin stencil for our sun jar.

And decorated the rats play area :)



2. Do you follow a football team? If so, which one and why?

It's not football season here in the UK like it is in the US. 
Plus their football is totally different to ours. 
 But anyways, I don't follow football. The only sport I really follow is ice hockey.


3. What is something fun about fall in your area?

We've just moved, so we'll be keeping a look out for things happening in the area.
Plymouth has a Seafood Festival on Sep 20th which I'm excited to go to!


4. What are your favorite fall staple outfits?

Ah! I didn't see this when I wrote about fashion just now.
Yesterday I got to start wearing my favourite outfit again.
With everything still being unpacked, though, I can't find any cardigans!

This outfit consists of a Superdry long tank top/dress, black leggins, dark brown La Redoute knee boots, and a Bench hoody. Warm, comfy. Lovely. 



 
5. What things are his looking forward to most about this coming fall season?

 Halloweeeeeen! For some reason, I'm extra excited about everything this year.
It must be due to having so many things to look forward to! 
This Fall, I want to....
  • carve a pumpkin, 
  • watch Halloween 3 (my favourite of the movies), 
  • drink a pumpkin spice latte 
  • buy a new cardigan...!
  • celebrate firework night in our garden for the first time.

Celebrating Halloween at work.

6. What is your favorite fall holiday? Tradition?

I'm looking forward to starting our own traditions this year
for our first fall in our new home <3 

I know Thanksgiving is during Autumn, but here in the UK it's not something
we celebrate. However, last year, in accidentally ended up celebrating it with a family roast :) I wonder if we do it again this year without realising lol

 


Your turn!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment