Tuesday 10 September 2013

2 weeks after moving in...

....and I finally find my makeup bag!
It's been driving me stir crazy - I had to resort to using an eyebrow pencil I found here as an eye liner. Yeah, real cool.
But other than that, we're settling in really well, and so is Scout, 
when he's not testing his boundaries. (Yes. We're in that phase!)


We gave ourselves a few days off to just live in our home.
No pressure, no time constraints, just enjoying the change and 
letting it all sink in. But this weekend, we got the DIY bug again and decided enough was enough - this house needs finishing!
Catch up with the progress here.
 
Here are a few snaps from the last week...

 
Our last photo from the flat.
There was a huge rainstorm coming.

Our first two cards from my parents and our old neighbours <3
 

I'm excited about our new (working!) oven.







Gorgeous tag from my sister.

Not a bad view ;)

Went swimming with Ozi!

Scout learnt 'paw'

Ice tea / juicing obsession...
getting us through this experience one vitamin at a time!
Thanks to my lovely Mother in law for the juicer!


Oh, and I'm the proudest Blonde in the whole of Hartley because Woody got a job offer today! I'm so happy for him. It's in an area that he didn't plan to go into, but is something that he really enjoys so it seemed right to do something you like to do, and get paid for it too. 

I'm still working at the lab this week and next, conducting experiments and collecting data, and although it's not the most exciting thing to be doing right now (helloooo, I have a house to decorate!), I'm concentrating on the money! 

 I think people underestimate the amount of time and effort it takes to make a house a home. If only it were as easy as just moving into a house that was completely modernised and in great shape. Buying an older house comes with a million problems challenges, and adding a hyperactive, sharp-toothed and teething springer spaniel puppy to that bodes for long days and short nights. 
I'm squeezing work in between, barely getting time to sit down and relax. Morning are my time to dog-sit whilst the Mr. has an extra hour in bed, and evenings are where he winds down with Scout whilst I sit here and have an hour to blog/pin/Zzzz...

So I hope you all  
have a super week!
 
xo


 

No comments:

Post a Comment