Monday 29 July 2013

I'm....Psyched!

Hey guys!





So today I made a huge decision. Last week, whilst we were in Turkiye, 
I was sent this email.


It took a lot thinking, but finally, I decided to accept it!
For those of you who are new here, or perhaps haven't caught up with my rambling posts yet, I have just come to the end of a 3 year BSc (Hons) Psychology degree with a 2:1.
I was stoked. I bagged a fulltime job and we started planning the move into our new house.
But then along came this email! 

I don't want to bore you, but the MPsych course is one of the first in the UK of its kind, and gives students a year head-start into clinical psychology, focussing on interventions, child development, age related problems, neurological problems and an introduction to different therapies. It's tailored to make you stand out when you apply for the competitive DClinPsy places, which is my ultimate goal! So it would have been silly to turn it down!

Although it's another year, if I work my butt off, we can afford the house AND for me to complete the MPsych. I am so stoked to be going back to uni... I love the environment and I love learning. I always want to learn more and this is a great stepping stone.

It also means that I get to work less which is always a plus! :P

Have any of you guys done a degree, or are you studying for one now? 
University is what you make it. Lots of people think of it as an opportunity to get drunk, party, make loads of friends and sleep during long, laborious lectures. To me, it's the one place that I can better myself, that gives me the tools I need to be everything I can possibly be.
I love it, and considering I never, ever planned to go to uni, that's pretty cool :)

Since starting school at 4 years old,  I've taken only one year out of education. That's 20 years of studying! Once the Doctorate is completed, it will all pay off. I'm lucky to have a Mum who worked her butt off for us, and worked in healthcare - there's nothing more inspiring than someone who loves what they do. 
I want to give my family the same amazing opportunities I have been blessed with, and that thought alone is what keeps me grounded.

I'm Psyched!

No comments:

Post a Comment