Tuesday 9 July 2013

House? Check....

House? Check! 


I was always banging on about how we haven't had kids yet (much to the dismay of my ovaries, it seems) because we wanted to first buy a house - stable environment, etc. Some people assumed we were waiting until we get married, but in all honesty, we already feel married as it is, plus as Woody says, 'nothing says commitment like 30 years of debt' re. the mortgage! But here we are, house... sorted. And once we move in, the rest will hopefully fall into place! I can't wait to start getting stuck in. I've measured everything and planned where it's all going to go. Decorating and organising is so much fun.

We've also made the hard decision to get another springer spaniel. We both feel terrible that 6 months ago, we had to re-home Kip after 8 amazing years of having him, because everything was up in the air and no-one could solely look after him. As I said back then and still fully believe now, he's much happier with his new family, but it's so saddening to think that the reason we personally couldn't keep him with us was the size of our tiny flat, and if only we'd sorted this housing situation out sooner, maybe we'd still have him. Anyway, blame doesn't solve anything, and we're going to try and fill the Kipper shaped hole with a new Mr. Springer Pup :) We have been looking around and decided specifically we want a puppy because they're easier to train. We just love the idea of having a pup that can grow up with us over the next 15 or so years, especially with children in the future too. This house is perfect for a pooch, and I just know that we can give a really loving forever home to some little man out there.

Dog? Next on the list.


And after the dog, well we all know what comes next, don't we! Babies babies babies babies. Okay, baby. Lets not be greedy. It's something, however, that we've planned for a good 2 years now and have (albeit unwillingly on my part) put off and off, even when my sister got pregnant, my cousin, I always reminded myself that this is something we're going to do for us, and not for anyone else, so we have to wait until the time is right. And it was so so worth waiting. I feel 10x better than this time last year, financially and emotionally. Money isn't as much of an issue as it was then, and I'm confident in my job and knowing that pay is only ever going to get better is a great worry off both of our minds. So watch this space ;) 


2 comments:

  1. What a great post! I totally feel the same way about babies...you have to be ready and not anyone else! Your blog is so cute :)

    Suzy @ happy Wife, happy Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Hun :) it's true isn't it! Got to be right for you and no one else - they aren't the ones up all night changing nappies haha! Thanks for stopping by, ill have to come by your blog! X

      Delete