Monday 25 March 2013

i-sk8


It's hobby day today, where we're all asked to share one of our hobbies and talk a little about why we love it. I've chosen to talk about one of my longest standing hobbies...

figure skating 

Me and Hannah doing a
double beilman.


How long have you had your hobby?
A little over 10 years. I started skating for fun with my friend
after we both bought ice skates, and it went from there really.

What are the 3 best things about it?
It keeps you fit.
It's fun.
I get paid to do it!

Is it dangerous?
Of course, but only if you abuse it. 

What advice do you have for anyone keen to get involved?
Get in touch with your local rink and go for a skate.
You may surprise yourself! It only takes a session a week for a few months to see a drastic improvement in skill and your health, too. 
Take the plunge ;)

Home is where the heart is.


Cross-toe spin.
Beilman


Drag
Spiral

 
Whats great for me is that I started working at the ice rink in 2006, and got paid to do what I love. It's been the BEST way to learn to skate and I've met some fantastic people through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment