Sunday 10 March 2013

Happy Mothers Day!



Happy Mothers Day to all the Momma's out there!
I couldn't find a card I liked this year for either my Mum or
my boyfriends Mum, so I decided to browse Pinterest for 'pinspiration'!

Weirdly, I couldn't find ANYTHING that I liked, so I decided to
make photo collages and found Photo Visi through Google.

I made one per Mum, this one is my in-law'.
Aren't the designs cute?! You can customise as much as you like.


So then I was sat thinking this is pretty boring.
I was backing it onto card, to make it stand up, when I thought 
this would make a great jigsaw!

My Mum's collage, backed onto a pizza box.

I googled jigsaw stencils, and found one that fitted an A4 sheet.
It was slightly off after printing it out but it didn't matter.
I stuck it to the back as a template to cut out.


I decided to decorate the backs (you can see where they were slightly short on the top and bottom but hey ho), so just wrote a quick message in colour pens.


 Cutting them out took a good 45 minutes. The paper kept unsticking and I ended up using no-more-nails instead of pritstick glue.



For the envelopes, I cut flowers using a stencil from google, out of an old La Senza bag, and stuck Fimo buttons that I'd previously made for last Christmas onto them. I had leaves I'd pulled off an old card, and stuck them on too.



I think they're pretty cute, if I do say so myself! 
And they cost nothing, just a bit of ink, time, glue and
collage making! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment