Friday 29 March 2013

Hair Show 2013

This year, I was unlucky enough to be invited to model in the hairdressers annual hair show, which just happened to take place in the Arena in the building I work in. The theme of the show was apparently Great Expectations, but only one group used this theme as inspiration for their hairstyles.
Other themes included The Old Curiosity Shop, and our theme which was...wait for it...GARBAGE.

Yep, you read that right! So with not much preparation, I browsed Pinterest for some ideas. Believe me, it's not as easy as you'd think. My Mum needed to pass this for her level 3 hairdressing, so we had to do good!

Here was the inspiration...


Garbage


The hair idea we had, using cans as rollers, was tricky, and as we didn't practice it beforehand, it took a while to get right! We bought a 2m long extension, so that we could add some length to the look. We crimped it after attaching it to my head, and crimped my own hair too. I then wrapped the hair around my shoulder and braided it into a fishtail. 
We used pink and purple color.bug colours to add a bit of femininity to it, and a few sweet wrappers for added 'garbage' effect. 


My short hair.

Extensions added - what a great match!
Fishtail and color, done.
Rollers out, cans in.

Ta daaaa! Added candy wrappers.

The finished look. Pink eyelashes too ;)



So then we headed off to the show, where
we sat for HOURS (try 10...!) before getting changed, judged and
then having to walk the catwalk. >.<

I looked like a cheap prostitute, but all in the name of hair!

Some of the other girls hair designs were amazing! 

This was amazing, so intricate!


Not a contestant, but I loved her hair!

Another girls AMAZING entry,
with me lurking in the background.

Another.

Another.

Aren't they all cool?!

She didn't win, but her stylist deserved to.
So much effort!

When the official DVD and photos are released, I'll add them here
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment