Thursday 17 April 2014

He put a ring on it!


April 14th was our 4 year anniversary.
We never really do much, simply because we always
think it's just another day. We exchange a card and a small gift, but nothing extravagant.
However, this year we both decided to have a slightly bigger budget, after everything that
has happened health-wise in the last few months, it was nice to spoil each other a little :)
There was only one thing I really wanted, a beautiful candle from JewelCandle. They are gorgeous scented candles, with jewellery inside, which can be worth from £10-£250, it's a total surprise.
 Other than that, I told W I didn't mind what he got me, and left it to his imagination.
I knew what I wanted to get him - a BBQ for summer. Typical man, that's all he wanted! But I couldn't just leave it at that, so I got a few other things for him that I knew he'd like. 





I also got him a card from 'Scout', our puppy :)
 

 
He's an ex-submariner with the Royal Navy, so nautical is definitely 'our' theme. I got some gorgeous nautical wrapping and an atlas print gift bag (both from Paperchase) to wrap his gifts. First was a set of his 'n' hers mugs (from Next), following the nautical theme. I also ordered a Name a Star that I had dedicated to him -in hospital he told me I was his North Star; the one thing guiding him home. 
 I knew right away that I had to buy him a star. And one of his favourite things (c'mon, everyone's favourite thing!) is food, so I went to our local American Candy store (Fizzy Lips) and bought some little bits for him - cheetos, grape and pineapple Fanta, pixie stix and laffy taffy - all his favourites.

Then it was my turn to open pressies! Next to a box of very expensive looking chocolates and an IOU for a gift that would be arriving in a few days, I couldn't help but notice the beautifully huge bunch of 12 red roses sitting in the hallway. I've never been given roses before, and I was gobsmacked at how lovely they were. And there was my favourite thing ever - my JewelCandle! Cinnamon Bun scented, it was lit within seconds!


I was adamant that I wanted to dig the candle out, but Woody made me wait the 5 hours for the wax to burn down, until I'd moaned enough that he got it out for me. He turned around to hand me it so I could suss out whether it was a £10 or £250 beauty, but instead of coming over, he got down on one knee. Well, I started giggling, as girls tend to do. Not in a million years was I expecting it, and I wasn't sure if he was joking or not. He wasn't ;)
Yep, he asked me to marry him!!!!!!


I can't believe I'm....


Although the ring luckily fitted, and was truly stunning, he knew that it wasn't 'the ring',
so after an amazing conversation, we decided to go shopping for our actual rings the next day :)


My JewelCandle ring <3

Being a woman, it only took me 3 hours to pick a ring - I thought that was fairly good!
I had an idea in my head of what I wanted, and I wanted to try on a few rings to see.
I did, and the second I put this one on, my heart skipped a beat.....

He actually called up my parents who are in Gambia for 2 weeks,
and asked my dad's permission for my hand in marriage ;) 
Once both our parents knew, we told our sisters, and then our closest friends before
the inevitable (and cringey) 'facebook relationship status update'.
I have been overwhelmed by amazing messages, comments and the amount of 'likes' I've recieved and I read and appreciate every single one. Thank you so much :) <3

 I can't believe it!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment