Monday 27 January 2014

Sunday Social 26/01: Makeup!


Goooooood Moooooorning! 
I've been pretty sick these past couple days,
and completely forgot to post! Thank goodness I've got these fun beauty questions
to cheer me up!

1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?

Probably about 15/16. I started with mascara and some really bad eye shadow.
It went from there. I've never worn much anyway.  

I started having highlights in my hair at about the same age. And I remember when
straighteners first came out. We did my hair and it was so long! I remember thinking 
I looked like Dido. >.<  
2. What are your top 3 favorite beauty products?

I wear Nivea tinted moisturising cream every day. I don't like heavy
foundation or power, so the moisturiser being slightly tinted is great!

I have got a lovely Smashbox halo hydrating powder,
which I bought on a whim but it's lovely for when I just need a quick 
dusting. Sometimes I'm just popping to the shop and don't want to
do a full face of makeup.

My Cloud9 straighteners are the best. The man that invented GHD's sold the company knowing he could improve them, and then brought out Cloud9's. Brilliant.
3. What is one makeup product you don't leave home without?

I always have a Nivea lip balm with me as I get really dry lips working
in an ice rink. I have a Maybelline baby lips lip balm too as it's tinted slightly pink - good for 
days like today when I'm poorly and need some colour!  

4. What is your daily beauty routine?

Wash, tea tree oil, Nivea, eye liner, mascara. 
Try to remember to take it off before bed.
Done. 

Hairwise, I dry it straight and just use the straighteners to add 
some curl. Its naturally spirally and curly anyway but it's
so dry at the moment and short that it just goes fluffy.


5. What is your favorite hair/makeup product you've discovered in the last year?

I'm awful with hair products. I go through treatment after treatment, 
shampoo and conditioners, everything. My favourite this year so far is
Redken's keratin repair shampoo. Keratin is what your hair is made of, so if you have
damaged hair, it's the only thing that will replenish it. Moisturising treatments are great for that week, but they don't rebuild the hair structure like keratin does.

Have a wonderful Sunday! I look forward to all your answers!

Saira
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment