Friday 24 January 2014

Life Update


  
With Monday having apparently been 'blue Monday' - the most depressing day of the year - let's just all take a moment to remember that whatever makes us feel down is only a dip in the rollercoaster. When things feel bad, always remember someone has it worse, and make the most of the situation. Think positive!!!

_______________________________________________________________

Smoothie in hand, assignment submitted, and it's only 12 noon. I've already been to a 9am job interview, and had a meeting with hubs' bosses. I'm exhausted! 
This past month has been positive in all sorts of ways, and even the negatives have metamorphosised into good. We're nearly at February now (!!) so it feels like a good time to reflect on whats been going down in P-Town.
Lets start off with University. My MPsych course is going...well. By well, I mean as well as any course could go, considering it's the first year its been run and everything is pretty much a mess. I've had 4 deadlines this month, 2 on one day and 2 on another. But with everything thats been happening at home, I've been given two extensions so that had made things a lot less stressful! One assignment was a critical review of the recent literature into the treatment of Parkinson's Disease. I actually found myself really enjoying writing 8 pages on the topic, and I'm proud of what I handed in. Today I submitted 8 pages into PTSD and the barriers to treatment. Also very interesting. I have a stats assignment due Tuesday but have an extension, so am hoping to get that done next week, then no deadlines for a month!! I have also started a placement one morning a week in a special needs school for one of my modules. I start next week and am really looking forward to it. I was meant to start this week but I was so tired and feeling poorly, I didn't make it.
I've got my dissertation planned but its scaring me something silly! I'll think about that once March is over, I think. 
   
 Hubs' bosses visited us after. They came to see how he's doing and probably make sure that they're holding his job open for him for the right reasons. They were lovely, and really made me feel like they cared about his well-being. I just know that when he goes back to work, he'll be looked after. B&Q, you should be proud of yourselves. The Government, on the other hand, should not be. This man fought for his country, worked since he was legally old enough to, and has paid more in taxes than should be possible. But when he becomes ill and cannot work, they're not willing to help out with benefits, and that has been a downer. 
But hey, onwards and upwards! Health > Money. Until the bills need paying, of course...! 
   
 Scout's awesome. He's really been picking up on a lot recently. I took him to the park with my sister, nephew and Grandma the other day. He was super - although he's still really scared of other dogs, something that will hopefully be overcome in time.

I'm on a smoothie obsession at the moment. My new blend-active blender by Breville is sha-maaaaaze-ing!!!! Literally, just bung the fruit and some yogurt/juice (or both, if you're a piggywig like me) and blend. The blender itself is the sports bottle so just remove the blade lid and put on the bottle lid and voila. Couldn't be more lazy-friendly ;). Scout definitely approves. (Look at that little stand-up thing he does when he wants something!)


Ooh! I also had my hurrrr done ;) I am loving Julianne Hough's style in Safe Haven - please Netflix it if you haven't already, it's a great movie! I had to go for it and get the chop. I love it, and I haven't been asked for ID since. Definitely digging the fact that apparently I don't resemble a 15 year old anymore...!

I'm also stoked that The Following in back on Sky Atlantic! Huge fan right here. I'm digging American Horror Story: Coven, too, after taking a while to get into it. But what we're really looking forward to is the Winter Olympics! It always makes me want to dig out my snowboarding boots and book a holiday. If only!

Oh, and I'm sure you'd like an update on the little squish...!
He surprises me everyday in how he crumbles every milestone so early on. He's trying to walk and talk, has started on solids that Kerri makes for him, and has started using the potty. I'm so proud!



Anyway - it's Friday! Woohoo! For those of you (not me) who have the weekend off, eat lots, sleep lots and watch a movie! And for those of you working, keep smiling and have a great weekend.

Saira xo

No comments:

Post a Comment