Sunday 25 August 2013

Sunday Social 25/08

Sunday Social
It's nice to take a break from decorating for this weeks Sunday Social!
Today's questions are all about your childhood, which is something I love reminiscing about 
:)

1. What do you miss most about being a kid?
No worries. Government? Bills? Work? Life was fun, and the 
only thing you had to think about was who to play with at playtime. 
I miss all living in the same house, waking up on a Sunday morning to the smell of a roast dinner cooking, having been shopping on the Saturday so I had a new game or toy to play with. Knowing that we'd go to the park later or my cousin would come over. Ah. To be a kid. 


Me, my sister and our cousin were inseparable.
Me!

2. Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it?
Fluffy, after Buffy the Vampire Slayer (thanks, Dad).
I wanted to be just like her, but I couldn't hurt a fly, so I was the non-violent version Fluffy the vampire slayer. 

Kerri, my sister, always called me Haira, and my friends in school called me Blondie or Shazzle.

3. What was your favorite thing to do at recess?
In primary school it was make up dances to Spice Girls songs.
In high school, me and my 3 BFF's used to play hide and seek around the whole school. It sounds lame but it was really fun!

4. What did you want to be when you grew up?
To be honest, it took me years to decide. I wanted to be 
anything and everything at one time or another. 
A vampire slayer or a cheerleader probably. 




I'd quite like to have been a fairy Princess, too.

5. Did you participate in any school activities?
Bahaha. In primary school I was in the enrivonmental club. I know, get me. 
I played the flute too. Don't be jealous.
In high school, I started a cheerleading club which didn't last long but was fun, and I was a peer mentor for a while. So no, not really! 

6. What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about?
My Dad reminded me of something yesterday actually.
When I got my first bike and helmet, I cycled along, pretended to fall off, and tapped my head/helmet on the floor. My parents asked what I was doing, to which I replied 'testing my helmet'.

You can't make this stuff up!

Your turn! Answer the questions, grab out button, and link up

Next week's questions

These are all about the fun you've had this summer!

1. What was your favorite trip/vacation/activity this summer?
2. What was your favorite outfit look/clothing item of the summer?
3. What is one thing you wish you'd gotten to do this summer?
4. What was your favorite song of the summer?
5. What was your favorite movie/tv show of the summer?

Have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment