Wednesday 7 August 2013

Fimo! 2012 Reblog.

Re-blog from 04/11/2012

Thinking of doing these again this year,
after I saw some amazing new colours of Fimo today! 

---

I bought some packs of Fimo modelling baking clay a few days ago, and haven't put it down since! I'd bought some to print my dogs pawprint onto for a xmas tree decoration, and keepsake for when we re-home him. But with so much left over, I went on a hunt for ideas!

I saw this adorable Flikr tutorial for Fimo penguins, and just had to have a go.


They turned out so cute! The bloody NY logo for Woody's hat (personal touch) was so fiddly, but we got there in the end. I'm addicted now, even though I'm the least artistic person you'll ever meet! 

We were talking about decorations for Christmas, and decided instead of buying a nativity, we'd just make a baby Jesus penguin and use our penguins as Mary and Joseph :P neither of us are religious, so apologies if anyone think's it's
offensive, but it's not meant to be.

L-R: Marbled bead for sister's dreadlocks; S tree decoration; polar bear with present;
glow-in-the-dark moon and star tree decoration; W tree decoration; marbled heart
tree decoration.


Glow in the dark moon ring.

Polar bear sleeping on a present. Going to use for a card for my cousin
who is about to give birth to a baby girl!
Baby jesus penguin.

The snowman has a wire to hang on the tree.

Little stocking :)
 I also wanted to send some gifts to my lovely friends across the pond, and their baby girl for her first Christmas. I went for tree hanger decorations, one each with their initial and a little personal touch on :) 


My cousin is due to give birth anytime now (eyes peeled for blog post!) and
I decided to make baby Sienna Russell her first Xmas tree decoration.
I didnt realise the white fimo was glow in the dark, so the buttons and hat look so cute
in the dark! I hope they like it!



After making one for my cousin, I had my first order from a friend!
The specs were baby boy's first Christmas, name began with an L.
I used the same design with a different colour scheme and was really happy
with the way it came out!



No comments:

Post a Comment