Saturday 8 June 2013

The calm before the storm, again!




What a week! I completed my 4 day training course for my new job as a nursing assistant/carer with Enara. I'm excited to start and see what the job is really like. I haven't worked in the rink for two weeks and I really miss it. Hopefully I'll get a shift in soon!

Our neighbours are on holiday so we're cat/house sitting for them.
This is Bubble, he's so loving and purrrrrrrs like a tractor! 
I'm not a huge cat fan, but he and his sister Boomer are alright :)



My exam results are up and if my calculations are correct, I've achieved a 2:1!!!! Woody got me these to say well done ;) I'm forever losing my glasses!

As a treat to myself, because hubs plays PS3 a lot and I don't have much other than Tony Hawks (because I suck at everything else!!!) I treated myself to Tomb Raider 1. Okay, the graphics are horrible, but come on, for £5 its not much to ask to relive my childhood!


 Talking of reliving childhoods, Netflix recently added seasons 1-3 of Buffy!!!! 
I can't tell you how important Buffy was in my growing up. I was 9 when it came out (I feel old now. I always thought I was a teenager but nooo). I was obsessed with it. I pretty much thought I was a vampire slayer. Anyway, my inner geek is very excited!



 Kerri update! 
Still some contractions, but nothing yet. 4 days to go until her due date though,
so come on little O! We want you out!


 All week, the weather has been incredible - low 20's! I'm even sporting
a pretty neat tan :) It's just what we needed, and now I'm even more excited for our holiday next month!

Yesterday, Lucy and Kerri came over for Costa coolers in the sun.
We sat in the garden with Bubble and had a catch up.



Happy pregnancy side effects!

Then, instead of the BBQ we originally planned, M&D took me and hubs (And Gma) out for lunch on the Hoe. We went to a little place called Maritimo - a tapas / spanish place. Oh, em, geee... it was amazing! We had salted peppers, potato bravas, fig and feta parcels, olives, BBQ chicken, anchovies (no thanks) and these little battered fish that you eat whole - I tried them and they were lovely but poor Woody had to cut the heads off for me. I can't be doing with eating eye balls!!!!






I definitely recommend it to you Devon people. It's really lovely food, the staff are all Spanish and really helpful - it feels like you're on holiday!

 Now it's time for a nice weekend before starting work next week - the calm before the storm, yet again
I hope you're all having a lovely summer and working on your tans.

Link up!

Saira xo




No comments:

Post a Comment