Sunday 22 February 2015

State Lovin'



I'm a real sucker for crafts, especially the ones you see all over Pinterest.
A few days ago, I pinned a gorgeous photo from Home is where my heart is.

http://www.lindahomeiswheremyheartis.com/2013/11/a-state-that-matters-and-a-fun-game.html

I fell in love with the colours and the idea - what a great way to show off our 
new found love for Arizona and Nevada! I decided to change the method slightly.
Instead of using mod podge and glitter on card, I bought glitter craft card from Hobbycraft. It made the whole process way easier, and less messy! 

I bought two small mint heart frames, took off the backing and just kept the glass in them. I cut out the state silhouettes and used them as stencils to cut out the same shapes from the glitter card. I used Sticky Dots to stick them to the glass, and then the glue gun to stick on little pink heart buttons (also from Hobbycraft) where the capital cities are. 





I think they came out pretty cute really! 

Let me know if you guys make any!

Saira 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment