Sunday 15 March 2015

Suitcase up-cycling

I love vintage decor. I love jazzing up old furniture and ornaments, getting to reuse them in different ways.
Some of you might remember my great grandmas suitcases I found in the attic last year. They're about to undergo their third transformation....let me know what you think! 

They started off being painted for my nephews first birthday, which was themed 'oh, the places you'll go!' 


They then went from purple, blue and yellow to beautiful creamy shades (and one pale blue) for my friends vintage wedding! 




Aren't they gorgeous :) 

My sister and mum then added a few crafty pieces to them, and they were used at my wedding party as the prop box for the photobooth, and the present / card boxes! 

They've been sat upstairs ever since, and I've been looking for ways to put them to use again. 

I love this idea by Gulliver's Companion in Plymouth who make dog beds! 



But they just made us a gorgeous wooden one so im thinking of turning them instead into a bedside table...



Watch this space! I'll be painting them next weekend :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment