Saturday 14 December 2013

Sunday Social 15/12: Christmas Holidays


Sunday Social
 
It's getting so close to Christmas now! I broke up from University on Friday
and have my last assignment due for this term this week, then its XMASXMASXMAS
:) 

So here we go again...

1. What is your favorite Holiday Movies/TV Specials?
Every Christmas, I make sure I watch Jingle All The Way. It's the best!


We also all sit down as a family and watch the Doctor Who Christmas Special!
A few I want to watch this week....

2. Do you do any volunteering during the holidays if so what? If not what would you do?
 
I don't. When I was younger, we went carol singing once and collected money for charity. I hate singing in public (even though I LOVE singing). 
One day, I'd love to volunteer in a local Soup Kitchen.
 
3. What is your favorite toy received as a child for the holidays?
 
 Oh wow. Every present seemed amazing when I was younger.
Sky Dancers, a doll that went potty, and of course, Barbie dolls!
One year, our parents got us a giant wooden playhouse that fitted in my bedroom. 
It was all made of wood and had a play cooker and sink, door, windows. Amazing.
 



 
4. What was your must have item in high school for the holidays? 
 
I'll be interested to see your answers for this! Nothing sprung to mind at first...
but I guess when I think back to Christmas, we used to put tinsel in our hair at school. 
 
5. What do you do on Christmas Eve? 
 
I work! I love working on Xmas eve...! In the ice rink, the sessions run until 4pm and then we shut (as opposed to 10pm), so working on Xmas eve is great because you still get half the day to yourself. I love working because all the customers, most of all the children, are super excited and everyone gets into the spirit. We can all have a bit of a giggle and we put the snow machine on, wear our Santa hats, and all leave work together feeling festive and happy.
 
 At home, we usually warm up some home-made meat patties from my Mum, 
settle down with a Christmas film and curl up with the pets before bed.
 
I am probably going to be a crazy lunatic this year, what with the family coming to us on Christmas day. I'm one of those people that can clean my house faster in the ten minutes before a guest arrives than I can in a whole week! Haha! I want it to be perfect, and for everyone to have a really amazing time.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment