Saturday 14 June 2014

Green tea ice poles!




The season of fresh watermelons is upon us! The second I stepped foot into the fruit shop and saw them, there was one in my basket.
But other than just eating them, which itself is delish, what could I make with
a watermelon? After browsing ideas on Pinterest, I came across a photo of a green and red ice pole.
I coudn't find a recipe, so I decided to create my own :)

  
Ingredients:

Half a watermelon
A kiwi
2 tablespoons of Matcha green tea powder
Handful of chia seeds
Honey (to taste)


 Start by mixing the 'green' part. As always you can mix this up as you like. I have used a kiwi, matcha green tea and some honey. 
Mix the green tea powder with hot water until powder has dissolved. Add to blender with chopped kiwi and honey. Blend, then pour into ice pole moulds 1/3 of the way up, and freeze.


Blend the melon. I added chia seeds and honey for taste.


 Once the green part has frozen, fill the moulds to the top 
with your melon mixture.



Freeze and viola! 

Tomorrow I will be trying out a chia pudding ice pop! 
Watch this space ;) 
Saira 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment