Wednesday 6 January 2016

House Update






I've been sat in the kitchen doing some bits for work, and I had a sudden random flashback of how the room used to look. It's just nuts to think that only a few short months ago, this space was two different rooms, and hadn't been touched in a good 20 years...! 
The difference is catastrophic, and its the little things that make the most difference I think.

New double doors - they totally open up the wall, and with so much more light coming through the room is so bright and welcoming. 

Radiator - we moved the plumbing from the larger wall to the wall between the alcoves. We had a new radiator fixed up and bought a beautiful radiator cover to house it. Its more central so helps warm the room quicker, and frees up the space on the other wall. 

Lighting - the old fashioned lights were taken down and replaced with spot bars, which mean we can light one half of the room at a time, or both together at night.

Sink and window - The positioning of the window above the sink wasn't an accident. I want nothing more than to stand at that sink clearing up after lunch on a warm sunny Sunday and watch my children play in the garden through the window. I need children first, but that's only a small issue ;) haha! 


We've been toying with some ideas of what to put in the left alcove. Hubs has always wanted to build cushion-topped storage benches, which I was more than happy with, but I recently found a gorgeous welsh dresser which I've got coming this weekend - hubs has always wanted a coffee station, so I'm hoping to move all the coffee bits to the dresser, and free up a cupboard in the kitchen. Not heard of a coffee station?! Don't you realise, there's a whole new world out there waiting to be discovered that doesn't involve 3 in 1 coffee sachets, long life milk and sweeteners! 
There are some great coffee stations on Pinterest, so my inspiration is endless! Here are some of my favourites...







I have had a lovely few days off work, but I'm back tomorrow for four hectic days that are also filled with appointments for me and hubs, but I'll be back soon to show you the coffee station! Oh, and the bathroom before and after....we've got the builders in today and tomorrow so watch this space! 

xo




No comments:

Post a Comment