Monday 7 December 2015

Logs of Love

Back when we moved into our house, we redecorated the whole living room. It desperately needed it, having not been decorated for many many years when my Grandparents lived here. On the plus side, it aged well. There was very little blown plaster, so only the window areas needed re-plastering.


FROM THIS....
TO THIS!
But the one thing that let the whole room down was the fireplace and gas fire. As fantastic as it was at warming the room quickly, it was such an eyesore - a real old-fashioned thing. As we're having the kitchen done at the moment, we couldn't afford to do what we eventually plan to do and remove the whole hearth too, and replace it with an open fire and new modern surround. The gas had to be cut off when they condemned the pipework last month, so the fireplace was sat there with no use at all. Cue my great idea! Lets get some logs and some lights, chuck the fire itself and fill the hole with something worth looking at! My inspiration came from the lovely Charlotte Valentine from The Home that Made Me - this image below is taken from her blog, and I warn you now - you'll soon become addicted! Her home is amazing!


 
Knowing my house could never be as beautiful as hers, I'm pretty pleased with how mine turned out! ;)






I can finally see past the still-ugly grey tile surround, and just enjoy the fireplace as something new (and shiny!).
The fireplace came out so far that it now feels like we have loads more space and the dog doesn't keep having to shuffle past it! He pelts toward me and jumps onto my lap on the sofa at full speed - he definitely approves! 



xo

No comments:

Post a Comment