Wednesday 2 September 2015

Cute Spaces

As our house continually evolves and develops around us, there's one room that I can't wait to fill.

The smallest of the two spare rooms will eventually be a nursery, but until the time that we're expecting, it's a guest room. Now I don't know about you guys but with that in mind, it's really hard to decorate it without baby ideas in mind!

I posted a while back with an update on exactly how the room has taken shape, from how it was when we moved in, to when we painted it blue, to re-plastering and how it looked last time I checked in.

All I knew that I wanted for a future nursery was a tree shelf - my friend Joanna at Running on Sunshine did one for her daughter, and it looked mega cute <3 however we ran into problems when the IKEA shelves were too heavy for the walls and fell off - so for now its just a tree decal, but a cute one at that! 

http://livinginthemoment87.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/girls-room-vs-boys-room.html
 You might also remember the shelves from this post - they are the IKEA spice racks painted with Annie Sloan. 
The frames above were originally mint hearts, but they just weren't utilising the space enough, so we used box frames to frame cut-outs of Arizona and Nevada (where we got married and honeymooned). 

The day-bed is the IKEA BRIMNES one, which once we put together, we absolutely loved! 


The bed set is from Primark. We wanted pastel colours and I absolutely loved this summers range of pineapples and flamingos, hence the array of pillows to match! 
A lot of inspiration for this room came from people I follow on Instagram and it's only fair I show them off here to you guys so you can see what my ultimate aim has always been!











These guys have got interior design down to the CUTEST level ever, I'd happily live in any of those rooms :)
I really love the clean, crisp white rooms, and I was just moments away from convincing hubs we should re-paint, and then i found the gorgeous cute room by Petite Vintage Interiors(above) and realised it could look just as cute in the brown. 

 You can see my inspiration in the instagram section above, so I'm sure you'll recognise a few pieces below - I've been collecting these bits for months, but couldn't see their potential until I had them altogether!



Shelves:
Ice Cream lamp - 
LOVE letters - The Range
Mint and Yellow frames - Primark
Flamingo mug - Primark
Owl frame - Next
Owl carved wood - The Range
Strawberry trinket box - Tiger

Wall:  
Cloud shelves - £3, Tiger
Mint heart frames - £2.50 each, Primark
House box frames - £6 each, The Range
You are my sunshine box frame - £5, Primark
 People always laugh when I say the majority of pieces in this room are from places like Tiger and Primark. It's so cheap but can look so good when matched properly! I like to support local businesses as much as possible, but when there are items 90% cheaper on eBay, for example, I'm such a sucker for a bargain that I have to get it. 

A good room is a mixture of bargains and handmade one of a kind pieces.

I can't wait until we're expecting a little one! Just another excuse to get my craft on and put that stamp on it. Oh, and get all new furniture ;) 

xo






No comments:

Post a Comment