Sunday 21 September 2014

Upcycled chair!


When we moved into my Grandma's house last year, we had to do a HUGE cleanout.
In the attic was an old wicker commode. I know, gross, right! We bleached it and cleaned it, threw away the potty part, and I kept the rest because the chair itself was so cute.
Fast forward a year, and we've just started decorating the smallest of the two spare bedrooms. We went for baby blue, as it's calming and relaxing. At the moment, the room will be used as a spare space for hubs as his health problems mean he can't always sleep. Hopefully this will be a good space for him to relax in on his own, without keeping me up and a place he can fall asleep in in the morning and I won't wake him up by getting up. Plan! 

I have to say - we bought a Dulux PaintPod to do the walls and boy, was it good! It took me 4 hours to do two coats. Its fantastic! :)


BEFORE
BEFORE
 After painting...




We have a lovely dark grey carpet ready to be fitted soon, and furniture ready and waiting. We also have a lovely new double futon/day bed that should fit perfectly.

Anyway, back to the chair! Eventually, this room will be a nursery. I always knew I wanted the chair in there, so whilst painting it today, I kept in mind that for now, it's a chair in a spare room, but one day it'll be part of a baby's nursery. 
I decided to match the colour to the walls by painting the wicker blue. The legs were an off-white that matched the skirting boards in the room, so I distressed them with some sandpaper and left them.
I decided to put a monogram on the backrest of the chair - a W for Wood. I printed a stencil, cut it out and sponged the white paint on.







I'm so happy with it! I am eventually going to re-cover the cushion with a grey/blue chevron material, but for now I simply painted it with white paint. 





Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment